Number 239

.
.
.
Overheard at Tour Of Cali press conference


“I’ve slept with Paul Sherwin now more than his wife.”
Race announcer Phil Liggett, on his long-term partnership with colleague Paul Sherwin.
“This feels like the Tour de France. I’ve never seen so many journalists at any other race, except the Tour.”
2008 Tour de France champion Carlos Sastre, who is racing in the U.S. for the first time.

“I will wear a cycling jersey and helmet, but I am not putting those bike shorts on. No spandex for me, and I am proud to say that.”
Mayor Kevin Johnson, who will participate in a fun ride over the prologue course Saturday in Sacramento.

“I’ll loan you a pair of shorts. It improves the experience.”
USA Cycling president Steve Johnson, to Mayor Johnson.

“Maybe too many.”
Saxo Bank’s Juan José Haedo, on the number of top sprinters at this year’s Amgen Tour of California.

“We’ve brought a strong team here. It’s basically our Tour de France team.”
George Hincapie

Should be a great race!

No comments: